Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Skype Hype and future waves







Last fall I embarked on a 23-stop author tour to libraries and schools throughout North Eastern Alberta. I thank the Northern Lights Library System and member libraries for sponsoring and participating in the tour. This year--I'm not so ambitious!

I'm trying out the SKYPE visit thing. On 30 October I'll be SKYPing with the Garrison Library as a judge in their SPOOKY STORY Contest. Then, on the 18th of November I'll visit The Write Stuff writers' group at the Drayton Valley Library to talk about my career and answer questions.

This year, there will be no traveling dark unknown roads alone to places I've never been...in a snow storm with questionable Google maps as my guide. However, it remains to be determined if traveling the miles digitally to meet children and adults who share my love of literature will be as rewarding to me and to them as those in-person visits.

I'll bet it will be more fun than not visiting at all, though. Those of us in remote locations don't always have the option or finances to carry out personal visits. Our networking is very limited.

These SKYPED author events might just be an important leap for me into the wave of the future.

SPLASH! I'll let you know how they turn out.

SKYPE Hype has been brought to you by:

FIREWALLS


http://mybook.to/firewalls

"I can promise you Katrina will get under your skin and into your heart." 

"Takes you on a journey and leaves you to clean up your own mess." 

"I am in awe of the depth of this work."

"Schuh is raw, she's real, and she packs one hell of a punch."




No comments: