Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Harvest Poetry


Combines at night 
with their lights
working beneath a harvest moon.
Bright spell.
Dusty, musty new-mown smells
of harvest. 
Cold thick haze
born of warmer days 
lays
over the lower fields.
I feel. 
Surreal.


Harvest Poetry is brought to you by DISPASSIONATE LIES


"...drama, intrigue, and asks some really interesting questions." 

"It will surprise, titillate and fascinate you."

"..kidnaps the reader and compels them to read more.” 

"A story of intrigue, love, and lust" 






3 comments:

Kenna said...

I posted a comment but Google did not let me post it. It was a very pleasant comment, too.

Kenna said...

This is a hauntingly beautiful poem recognizable only to someone who has lived and breathed on a small family farm. When I was 11 years old, I sat on a slippery small metal seat high above a swather, a fearsome machine with blades and machines that cut the barley and oats into bundles and spit them out the other end. Only later did my father buy a second hand combine, and the men were able to run that as it was easier! We children also stooked, or put the bundles into tentlike structures called stooks. I remember the smell of the hay. It was hard work, and we didn't often work at night. My father drove the tractor. Takes me back, though, to my childhood on a small family farm in the 1950s.

Eileen Schuh: said...

Oh, yes. Thanks for sharing the memories, Kenna