Thursday, March 22, 2012

Badge Bunnies/Cop Lovers


I welcome author, Chris Redding, to Magic of the Muses.  Chris shares my passion for writing crime fiction--the 'cops'-kind of crime fiction.  Let's find out why....

I’m Really Not a Badge Bunny
By Chris Redding

I’m not really. I’ve never wanted to sleep with a cop. Okay, there was that PA state trooper who lifted the back of my friend’s Honda out of the snow. That was way back in college. Wow.

Let me rewind. I grew up watching cop shows. 1970s cop shows. (Yes, I am dating myself.) Mannix, Columbo, Police Story. Loved them all. It’s my mother’s fault plus when you only have 3 channels, you watch what is on.

At the same time I was watching cop shows, I was reading Agatha Christie novels. Hey, they are adult books that you can let a kid read. I had a reading level 3 grades above the one I was actually in so my choices were limited. I’d graduated from Encyclopedia Brown books long ago.

What I’m trying to say is that I was predestined to write suspense or thrillers or mysteries. Why? Because I love cops and detectives and solving mysteries. The whole idea that your job is to solve a crime fascinates me. And the people who choose to do it are equally fascinating.  I recently had  a personal tour of a forensic unit. I was in heaven. Also, watching all these shows always made my imagination go into overdrive. Of course I’d try to figure it out before Columbo did.

When I was first married, I was an EMT (emergency medical technician). Of course I knew cops. They went on every call. Now? I have a part time job that brings me into contact with police officers all the time. I can’t seem to get away from them.
 
That’s a good thing. Now they are sources. At any moment, if I have a question, I have a dozen people I can e-mail. I like that. Makes my job as a write pretty easy. 
____________________________________________
  
You just can't hide from the past...



Mallory Sage lives in a small, idyllic town where nothing ever happens. Just the kind of life she has always wanted. No one, not even her fellow volunteer firefighters, knows about her past life as an agent for Homeland Security.

Former partner and lover, Trey McCrane, comes back into Mallory's life. He believes they made a great team once, and that they can do so again. Besides, they don't have much choice. Paul Stanley, a twisted killer and their old nemesis, is back.

Framed for a bombing and drawn together by necessity, Mallory and Trey go on the run and must learn to trust each other again―if they hope to survive. But Mallory has been hiding another secret, one that could destroy their relationship. And time is running out.

BLONDE DEMOLITION: available online at:
Amazon ebook

Chris Redding lives in New Jersey with her husband, two kids, one dog and three rabbits. She graduated from Penn State with a degree in journalism. When she isn’t writing or teaching workshops, she works part time for her local hospital in the EMS Department.

       
    
               
______________________________

I'm celebrating the release of the Imajin Books e-editions of my crime novel, THE TRAZ.  She's 13, rich, brilliant, and beautiful...she's everything he needs. A story about gangs, drugs, bikers, and cops. Also available as a School Edition with a discussion guide. 


Eileen Schuh, Canadian writer www.eileenschuh.com

No comments: